COVID SAFE Travel information Policy
Updated January 2022.
COVID-19 Cancellations: We offer your choice: 100% credit for 12 months or refund less standard cancel fees. See cancellation fees below or see T&Cs.
Our Cairns Airport based shuttle business looks to align with airline procedures. Travellers are therefore encouraged to continue the same precautions they felt comfortable with when flying into Cairns. We note many planes fly at capacity when able.
We do recommend our private transfer service at this time for any passengers wanting enhanced social distancing. The following policy is applicable to all our services including our seat in shared shuttle service.
These procedures are updated here according to changes in circumstances affecting domestic travel.
- All shuttles are stocked with hand sanitizer at the entrance to the shuttle, and passengers are asked to please use them when entering the bus.
- Shuttles are cleaned regularly.
- Masks are mandatory on shuttles and will be made available to any passenger who wants one.
- Contact tracing. As a naturally occurring consequence of any booking we maintain a manifest of peoples names, contact email and phone number. If these are requested by the Queensland Government Only as part of contact tracing we will provide details for that purpose only.
- Cancellation fees: Adults $8 one way or $16 per return journey. Children $4 one way or $8 per return journey. Applicable for any cancellation over 24 hours before travel. Cancellations less than 24 hours before travel or no show at Cairns Airport no refund, unless a COVID cancellation.
- The following are eligible COVID cancellations and we accept COVID cancellations up to 6 hours before the time of travel: Border closures; hotspot declarations; having to go into isolation or quarantine from contracting COVID or being advised you are a close contact. COVID cancellations. COVID cancellations may elect to receive a 100% credit or a refund less cancel fees if we are notified up to 6 hours before travel. Our shuttle service has fixed costs when we allocate drivers, vehicles and pay entry costs to access the airport to collect you for your booked transfer. Our small cancel fees help us cover fixed costs if you are not able to travel. We thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO TRAVELLERS: As with any travel now there is a responsibility on passengers to not travel when unwell, or if becoming unwell during travel to adapt their plans or consider how they may minimise contact with other passengers or travellers while they feel unwell.
Thank you for helping us transfer your family and friends between Cairns Airport, Cairns City and around Port Douglas.